Top 5 Sunday's is a fab meme hosted by Larissa over at Welcome To Larissa's Life. Every week Larissa has 2 choices posted on her blog for people to choose from and then she will post her top 5 answers to the winning category. This week's theme is Best Paranormal Romance Series, click here if you want to join in.
I love paranormal romance stories so I'm going to have trouble picking just 5 series but I'll give it a try.
- Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian - This was my first foray into the paranormal romance genre and let's just say it had me hooked! I love the sexy breed warriors and even have a tattoo of the breedmate mark (can you say fan girl?). If you've not already tried this series then I would definitely recommend it! You can read my reviews of this series here: Kiss of Midnight, Kiss of Crimson, Midnight Awakening, Midnight Rising, Veil of Midnight, Ashes of Midnight and Shades of Midnight
- Demonica series by Larissa Ione - Now I do love my vampires but Larissa Ione introduced me to hot demons, this is a fab series & I love every one of her heroes. If you haven't tried this series yet then you really need to! You can read my reviews of this series here: Pleasure Unbound, Desire Unchained and Passion Unleashed
- Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost - I never quite know wether to classify this series as paranormal romance or urban fantasy but for the purpose of this I'm going to call it paranormal romance! I absolutely love Bones and Cat is one of my favorite kick ass heroines, they make a fab couple and who could forget about chapter 32 in One Foot in the Grave? I seriously needed a cold shower after that!! My reviews are here: Halfway to the Grave, One Foot in the Grave, At Grave's End and Destined for an Early Grave
- Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward - After loving the Midnight Breed series the Black Dagger Brotherhood was the next paranormal romance series I discovered. I absolutely loved the first few books in this series but have to say I was put off after Phury's book and although I own the rest of the books I haven't read them all yet. My reviews are here: Dark Lover, Lover Eternal and Lover Awakened
- GhostWalkers series by Christine Feehan - Hot military men with amazing psychic abilities after taking part in an experiment. I love the fact that heroines of this series are just as strong as the heros. My reviews are here: Shadow Game, Mind Game, Night Game and Conspiracy Game
Just in case any of you are interested - here is a picture of my breedmate tattoo!
So what do you think of my selection? Which of your favorite PNR series have I missed? Please feel free to leave your list in the comments - I'm always open for suggestions for books with a sexy couple! LOL
Great picks, and I love love love that tattoo! :)ReplyDelete
Hi Melissa, I'm glad you like my tattoo :o) I'd been wanting to get one for years but had never been able to decide what to get. The Midnight Breed series inspired me & I finally got this as my first tattoo on my 30th birthday last year! I'm still really pleased with it but have been thinking about getting more added to it to represent my other favorite books. I could end up covered with them then though so I'm trying to resist LOL :o)ReplyDelete
That tattoo is so cool! Too scared to get one. :) Thanks for the recommendations!ReplyDelete
Great picks and awesome tatoo! Was wondering what it meant. :)ReplyDelete
I love Night Huntress and the BDB too.
@ Nina - I'd wanted a tattoo since I was at school but put off getting one done because I'm scared of needles! I braved this one & it hardly hurt at all, in fact I had a bigger one of a dragon done 6 months later :o) The trouble with tattoos is they are addictive - I'm already thinking of what else I could have done!ReplyDelete
@ Kelli - If you've not read the Midnight Breed series but you like the BDB I'd definitely recommend it :o)