* UPDATE - THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED - Winners announced here *
Eddie Savage makes two shocking discoveries in quick succession.
One: his brother, Steve, has been working undercover.
Two: Steve is dead.
Eddie refuses to believe that his hero elder brother killed himself, and there's only one way to find out the truth: follow in his footsteps.
There's a job: to infiltrate the notoriously violent Kelly family.
There's a girl: the boss's daughter - beautiful, sexy, dangerous.
Before long, Eddie is up to his neck in Kelly business and sinking fast.
Love London. Love this book.
Walker Books to hand deliver 2,000 limited edition copies of London based crime novel Long Reach direct to London’s East End streets.
Walker Books will go undercover on 2nd March in a bid to get London reading for World Book Day. Peter Cocks, author of the East-End gangland novel Long Reach, will assume the identity of Long Reach’s Godfather-esque gangster Tommy Kelly and drive a white van (what else?) through London’s East End distributing 2,000 exclusive Limited London Edition copies of his new novel.
The drop-offs will target teens and adults and include ten schools, fire stations, doctor’s surgeries, police stations and boxing clubs in Newham and Deptford; both key locations in the book, a drop off on the London Underground will also be included. The aim is to reach new readers and remind people that sometimes books can be the best way of discovering what goes on in your neighbourhood!
This isn’t the first time author and actor Peter Cocks has slipped into character – he stars as Tommy Kelly in the movie-style trailer for the book as well, found at www.undercoverreads.com
Long Reach is a gritty thriller set in London and Kent and introduces an electric new literary character in undercover teen agent Eddie Savage who girls will lust after and lads will want to be. It is the first title in Walker’s Undercover Campaign.
Peter Cocks has written extensively for television including comedy, drama and animation, he is also an actor appearing in dramas, commercials and children’s television in a variety of disguises. He has also worked as a model for Hermes. Peter lives on the Kent coast with his wife, two children and three dachshunds. Long Reach is his first thriller.
I read and loved Long Reach earlier this year (you can read my review here) so I'm very excited to be able to host a giveaway for 2 copies of the limited edition version of Long Reach for 2 lucky UK winners! Thanks to Walker Books for allowing me to host the giveaway.
- This giveaway is for UK residents only
- 2 winners will each receive a limited edition copy of Long Reach by Peter Cocks, books will be sent out directly by my contact at Walker Books so winners must give permission for me to forward their contact details.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received.
- Only 1 entry per person please, multiple entries will be deleted.
- To enter please enter your name and email address in the form below
- The giveaway will close on the 6th March 2011 and winners will be contacted soon afterwards. You will have 48 hours to contact me with your address or new winners will be chosen.