Books Purchased / Given:
- Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning - this was my naughty ebay purchase and came highly recommended. I'm looking forward to starting this series.
- Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett - my Dad and I are both massive Terry Pratchett fans so when he saw the new book on a 2 for 1 deal he picked us both up a copy
- First 12 books in the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton - I happened to mention this series to my friend and her husband who got fed up with the series gave me the first 12 books. I couldn't believe it when he dropped them around for me - it was like Christmas! I've heard mixed things about this series, my friend got fed up after book 12 so didn't read any further but I'm still keen to give them a try.
- First 2 books in the Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K Hamilton - These were an extra bonus from the same friend who gave me the Anita Blake books. I hadn't actually heard of this series before so I'm curious to find out what it's about.
I was hoping that my reservation for the third book in the Riley Jenson series would come in this week but it hasn't so hopefully I won't have to wait to much longer. Other than that I'm trying not to get any other library books at the moment - I really need to try and read through the ones I've alread got!
- Trash by Andy Mulligan - Thanks to RHCB for sending this one for review. I hadn't heard of it before but the description sounds really good.
- Angel by L.A. Weatherly - Thanks to Usborne for sending this one - it is the first book in a new trilogy and it looks amazing! I can't wait to start it but since it isn't out until October I'll probably wait until a bit closer to the release date before I review it.
- Shade by Jerry Smith-Ready - Thanks to Simon & Schuster, I've heard so many good things about this on the blogosphere that I can't wait to dig in & read it.
- Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson - Thanks again to Simon & Schuster - this is another one I've heard a lot about & am really looking forward to reading!
- Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner - This was another surprise from Simon & Schuster, I've actually read another book by Jennifer Weiner a few years ago & really enjoyed it so I'm sure this will be a good summer read.
- Dear Dylan by Siobhan Curham - Thanks so much to Siobhan for sending me this for review, it is a novel written entirely in the form of emails so I'm very curious to see how the story comes across.
- Ex Appeal by Cari Quinn - Thanks to Cari for sending me a copy of her newest ebook. I've heard fab things about the first book in this series & am looking forward to reading this.
What was in your mailbox this week?
Wow, that's a lot of books! Don;t Shade and Claire de Lune look brilliant. And very pretty, actually!ReplyDelete
Wow you did have a great week. so many books and you only bought one. I should be so lucky. Enjoy!ReplyDelete
Whooo hooo awesomeness. Really jealous of your review books. Happy reading :DReplyDelete
I have the Anita Blake series in that edition,as well!ReplyDelete
I've heard great things about Moning's series,too.
Happy reading :)
Enjoy your tower 'o books :)ReplyDelete
Wow, so many great books! Hope you enjoy them all :)ReplyDelete
Wow, great haul, Sarah! I actually received Flirt and the one that follows it in the Anita Blake series. If you don't have them, I could give them to you the next time we see each other, if you like? (They're both hardback, so I think posting them would cost a bomb, lol).ReplyDelete
I've seen the Dear Dylan novel around quite a bit, and I'm really intrigued! I love the whole email idea. I read a real young YA hen I was younger that was letters between a young teen and an agony aunt. I loved the idea!
The Fever series is off the chain. I can't wait to see how you like it.ReplyDelete