I saw this book tag created by the lovely Carly from Writing from the Tub and couldn't resist joining in. If you'd like to take part you can find Carly's original post HERE.
1. Which book has been on your TBR for the longest?
Young Adult: The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith
Adult: Hellfire by Ann Aguirre
According to Goodreads both of those books have been on my to read pile since May 2010. I probably have books that have been waiting even longer for me to get to them but those are my best guesses.
2. Name an author you've been wanting to read for ages now?
Young Adult: John Green - I have quite a few of his books on my to read pile and really have no excuses as to why I haven't read one yet!
Adult: Ben Aaronovitch - I love urban fantasy books and am always saying there aren't enough paranormal stories set in London so I have no idea why I've still not read the Peter Grant series which hits both of those categories.
3. Tell me a series you're determined to finish but need to play catch up with?
Young Adult: I'll have to pick Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series. I have read the first book twice now and enjoyed it both times but for some reason I've never carried on with the series.
Adult: Two series I'm determined to catch up with this year are Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunters and Nalini Singh's Psy-Changelings. I love both of these authors so it won't be a hardship :o)
4. Let's go one better - tell me a full series you want to read but haven't started yet?
Young Adult: Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Cycle series, I've loved all her other books but haven't got around to this series yet.
Adult: I'm a huge fan of Ilona Andrews, I devoured her Kate Daniels series last year but haven't started her Edge series yet.
5. What are five books published over a year ago that you want to read this year?
- Daughter of the Flames by Zoe Mariott
- Storm Glass by Maria V Snyder
- Huntress by Malinda Lo
- White Cat by Holly Black
- The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
- The Sweet Scent of Blood by Suzanne McLeod
- The Last of the Red-Hot Vampires by Katie McAlister
- Changeless by Gail Carriger
- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
- Johnny be Good by Paige Toon
6. Which book have you been wanting to reread but haven't got the chance?
Young Adult: Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Adult: Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison (I actually read the first 6 or 7 books in the Hollows series back in 2009 and it's another series I really want to reread and then catch up with this year)
7. To finish, give me one book to film adaptation you missed in the cinema but want to catch on DVD?
The Host - I wanted to read the book before going to see the film but I never found the time to read it before it came out at the cinema. In fact I STILL need to read the book but once I've done that I can watch the movie :o)
Now I wonder if I'll actually manage to read any of these books in 2014 - it's definitely a personal goal I'm going to set myself!
Which books are you hoping to finally get around to reading this year? Are there any on my list that you've already read?