Happy New Year everyone! First of all I have to say a massive thank you to everyone who took part in the 2013 British Books Challenge, over 70 bloggers signed up and they posted over 650 reviews for books by British authors which is absolutely incredible!! I can only hope we have the same kind of success in 2014 & I hope you'll all join in again this year. It would be lovely to see some new faces too though so don't be shy if you're a newbie :o)
I'm going to have to do things slightly differently this year and while I'm going to do my very best to make sure we have a prize pack every month that isn't something I can guarantee since I can't afford to fund every month on my own. We have had a lot of support from UK publishers for the challenge but I still don't have enough contacts to sponsor every month so if anyone is interested in helping out you can contact me by email.
January Prize Pack:
For the January prize pack I've decided to pick 2 of my most anticipated 2014 British debuts and one winner will get to pick which book they'd like me to pre-order for them. I will order the book of your choice from The Book Depository so this giveaway is open internationally as long as they offer free shipping to your country. The two books I've chosen are:
|Banished by Liz de Jager|
UK release date 27th of February 2014
|Trouble by Non Pratt|
UK release date 6th of March 2014
Please bear in mind that because I will be pre-ordering the winner's book you won't receive it until after the release date and I can't be held responsible for any publishing delays (although if the publication date moves forward then hopefully you'll receive it sooner!).
One winner will be picked at random from the list of valid reviews submitted each month and will be announced in the following month's review link up post. The winner will then have 1 week to contact me to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen. Obviously the more reviews you enter the greater your chance of winning but it doesn't matter if you only review one book (or even skip a month or two in the challenge!) you'll still be entered for each review you do write. This months giveaway is open internationally as long as The Book Depository offers free shipping to your country (you can find a list of countries included here)
- Please make sure you sign up for the challenge before you start linking your reviews, I will delete links from people who aren't registered. You can sign up HERE if you haven't already.
- When you add your link to the Mr. Linky below please make sure you link directly to your review, not just to your blog (invalid links will be deleted)
- Books must have been read in 2014 to count towards the challenge so those books you read in December but reviewed in January don't count!
- Also, please make sure that the reviews you link are for books written by British Authors - they can be born in Britain (living here or abroad) or they can be adopted British Authors (who were born elsewhere and now live here) but if they don't fit into one of those categories then they don't count. (as above invalid links will be deleted and won't get you an entry into the prize pack). Please note that Britain includes England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, I'm afraid authors from Southern Ireland don't count.
- If you need ideas for books by British Authors check out the FAQ page for lots of suggestions. You don't have to choose books from these lists though - they are just to give you ideas if you need help!
Link Your Reviews:
Now for the important part, make sure you link all of your reviews using the Mr. Linky form below. In the Your Name field please include your blog name, the title of the book and the author. Make sure the link takes me directly to your review or your entry won't count and will be deleted from the list.