Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week has a different theme & you can find all the details about how to join in HERE.
I haven't taken part in Top Ten Tuesday for a couple of years now, I always see everyone else's posts and think I should start taking part but for some reason I never seem to get around to it! So I'm not promising to take part every week but I am hoping to join in on at least a semi-regular basis :o)
Today's topic is 10 Wishes I'd Ask the Book Genie to Grant Me and it wasn't at all difficult to come up with a whole heap of book related wishes, in fact the hard part was narrowing it down to only 10 LOL.
- I think the most sensible first wish would be to have the ability to read faster so I have more of a chance of actually reading all the books on my TBR mountain! I think I'd have to tie that in to having a better memory too so that I could remember the details of all the books I'd be reading, especially when you have to wait a year between releases for most series :o)
- I'd also love to have my own dream library. It would have to be at least two stories high so you could have a balcony half way up and I desperately want those really cool sliding ladders so that you can reach the higher shelves. It definitely needs a reading nook with big comfy chairs to curl up in and a huge fireplace for cosy winter reading too. If I had a room like that I think I'd pretty much live in it!
- To make those library shelves look even nicer I think there should be standardized sizing for ALL books. You only need one size for paperbacks and one size for hardbacks, just imagine how nice your shelves would look if you didn't have 15 different sizes all jumbled together.
- Oh and while I'm at it publishers should be banned from changing the cover design part way through a series. Or if they introduce new covers they should have to offer two versions of all the new books as they release so you can choose which covers you want to buy. I HATE it when the covers don't match!
- Now that we've got our shelves looking pretty it must be time to add to our ebook collection. I honestly think that if you buy a print copy of a book (new not second hand) then you should receive a free (or at least hugely discounted) ebook version. I can't be the only one who likes to put my pretty unread books on the shelves and actually read the story on my kindle surely?
- I've been lucky enough to meet some of my favourite authors and that's really one of the best things to have come about from being a book blogger. There are a few I'd still love to meet though and topping the list is husband and wife writing team Ilona and Gordon Andrews. I absolutely adore their writing and think it would be amazing to chat with them about their books and the worlds they have created.
- I also think it would be really cool to have the magical ability to teleport myself to locations in whatever book I'm currently reading. Just imagine the possibilities! It would be fantastic to be able to explore the world in reality not just virtually :o)
- I'd probably use those teleportation skills to visit some of the international bloggers I've become friends with over the years too. I've made so many friends in the bookish community and I love the fact that I can talk to people all over the world at the touch of a button but it would be even better to actually get together for a face to face chat, preferably over a few cocktails!
- If we're turning fantasy into reality then I'd love my imaginary book boyfriend harem to come to life. Okay I guess things could get pretty messy if you put that many alpha men together so I'd settle for one guy (preferably David Gandy!) if he was willing to role play all my favourite characters LOL.
- I think for my final wish I'd like to bring some of my favourite bookish pets to life. So many possibilities - who needs a car when you can ride about on a dragon or a unicorn? I think Crookshanks would be right at home in my brand new library and I'd love to have a conversation with Manchee the dog!
So what are your top bookish wishes? Do we have any in common? What other brilliant ideas did you have?