Today I'm taking part in the blog tour for Robin Beilman's latest novel Kissing the Maid of Honor. I have a fabulous guest post from Robin for you and she is also holding a wonderful tour wide giveaway that you'll be able to enter using the rafflecopter form at the bottom of this post. Before I hand over to Robin let me tell you a bit more about the book. I'll be posting my review later today but this is a fun and flirty contemporary romance that is kicking off what is sure to be a brilliant series.
Sela Sullivan is resolved to be the best maid of honor ever, even if it means tolerating the best man. Insufferable, too-handsome Luke Watters is not only the guy who humiliated her at a kissing booth in high school, but he also happens to be her best friend’s older brother. Positive he’s the same arrogant jock, Sela vows to focus on her duties and steer clear of the frustrating—and frustratingly tempting—Luke.
As a world-renowned extreme-sports photographer, Luke is used to undertaking life-risking adventures. But risking his heart for the beautiful Sela Sullivan, who clearly still hates him for his rejection all those years ago? He didn’t see that coming. Sela inspires a passion he’s never known, and the more time they spend together, the more he craves her. But can he prove to the maid of honor he’s become a man of honor?
Secret Wishes Series:
Kissing the Maid of Honor
Further titles and release dates to be confirmed
Visit Robin Bielman's website for more information.
Now please give a very warm welcome to Robin!
Robin Bielman lives in Southern California with her high school sweetheart husband, two sons, and crazy-cute mini Labradoodle, Harry Dresden. When not attached to her laptop, she can almost always be found with her nose in a book. She also loves to run, hike, and dip her toes in the ocean. Writing is a dream come true, and she still pinches herself to be sure it’s real.
She is also the author of Worth the Risk and Yours At Midnight from Entangled’s Ever After line. She loves to connect with readers.
Visit her online:
Hi everyone! Thank you for having me, Sarah! I’m so happy to be here today to celebrate the release of my book, KISSING THE MAID OF HONOR. That kitten, by the way, is too gosh darn cute.
My first Bliss book in my Secret Wishes series from Entangled Publishing, KISSING THE MAID OF HONOR, is about kissing, and a wedding, and best friends, and forbidden romance. There are secrets, and a small town setting, and talk of bacon. I’ve got a total crush on my hero, Luke, and would love to be friends with my heroine, Sela. Sela wants to be the best maid of honor ever. So today I thought I’d run with that and give you Sela’s Top Ten List of Things to do with the bridal party. In the book, Sela organizes a fun bachelorette party at a restaurant and bar with lots of uh, party games and paraphernalia, but here’s a list of alternatives (that really could be used for any special occasion). Take it away, Sela…
- Visit a Fortune Teller. It’s fun to get a little glimpse into the future with a tarot reading or palm reading. Or, actually you know what else might be fun? A Magic 8-Ball party. You could have questions already planned for everyone and have a good laugh with the answers.
- Apple picking. I’ve never done this, but I think it would be fun to get your hands dirty and be out in nature.
- Favorite Thing Night. Have everyone bring one or two of their favorite things to share. Pick a theme – food, games, wine (this could be dangerous), magazines (you could cut out your favorite pictures and make a collage about the bride and groom), flowers. The choice is yours.
- Cookie baking night or cookie exchange. If baking isn’t the bride’s thing, you could do a cookie exchange. Have everyone bring two-dozen cookies—homemade or bought—to exchange. Give out decorated spatulas as a gift or decorate your own. (Luke is leaning over and whispering in my ear as I write this list that I should make the chocolate-chocolate chip bacon bars he loves so much.)
- Bowling. If you’re as bad at this as I am, have the bowling alley put up the guardrails so there won’t be any gutter balls. Oh, and some places have disco bowling where they dim the lights and have a disco ball going. Yeah, you might be surrounded by thirteen-year-olds, but we’re all young at heart, right?
- Paddleboating. KISSING THE MAID OF HONOR takes place in my hometown—a small beach town called Cascade—so I wanted to include this fun option. The big plus? Being on the water without getting seasick.
- Sushi-making night. This is fun and you can get really creative with your ingredients. Fish, chicken, yummy sauces, seaweed or that thin paper stuff, cucumber, avocado, asparagus. Hungry yet? I am!
- Get Facials. You can go to a spa, but what I’d do is have everyone over to my house for homemade facials. There would be much giggling and drinking/eating and my dog, Beckham, would he one happy little Yorkie with so many guests over.
- Play board games. The options here are endless. There’s lots of R-rated games out there, too, that might be fun to check out. There are also things like Mad Libs specifically designed for bridal parties.
- Go to the Beach. Want to have a low-key day? This is the spot. Pack your bag with plenty of sunscreen, water, snacks, and a good book, and laze around in the sun with the waves almost at your feet.
Thanks for a fabulous post Robin! I already know from reading Kissing the Maid of Honor that Sela knows how to organise a fab hen party but this list includes some more fun suggestions! You can't beat a girly pamper night with facials and a make over but I like the idea of throwing in a cookie exchange LOL.
Tour Wide Giveaway:
Kissing the Maid of Honor Blog Tour is full of interviews, guest posts, top ten lists and giveaways! Five lucky readers will be chosen to be Robin's bride's maids and will receive a Kissing bridal gift pack! (limited to US and Canada) But that's not all, one international winner will be selected to receive the coveted position of Maid of Honor which includes the Kissing bridal pack and a gift card of her (or his) choice from Etsy, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks so much for a fab guest post Robin, I'm really looking forward to the rest of this series! I'd totally be up for a weekly cookie exchange - you can never have too many cookies LOLReplyDelete