We had another fantastic month in March with over 60 reviews posted! I actually managed to read 5 books by British Authors so it was my best month yet and I want to try and match that each month for the rest of the challenge if I can. I've been really enjoying reading your reviews & getting suggestions for more books to add to my to read pile. I'm sorry I've not had time to comment on all of them but you're posting so many that I'm finding it impossible to keep up!
Anyway, I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend with lots of delicious treats to eat and time spent with friends and family. Let's hope that April is another brilliant month - although I'd really appreciate it if we could have a little less snow and below zero temperatures in the UK. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sick of the cold weather now LOL.
The fantastic March prize pack was generously sponsored by my lovely contact at Simon & Schuster and the lucky winner will receive copies of The Disappeared by C.J. Harper, Infinite Sky by C.J. Flood and The Hanged Man Rises by Sarah Naughton.
I'm very happy to announce that the March winner is:
Faye from A Daydreamer's Thoughts
(for her review of Outside by Shalini Boland)
(for her review of Outside by Shalini Boland)
April Prize Pack:
Our sponsor for the April prize pack is Random House and they have a wonderful selection of books from British authors to give away to the April winner. Trust me you're going to want to be in with a chance of winning this pack!
- The Last Minute by Eleanor Updale
- The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
- How to Fall by Jane Casey
- Silent Saturday by Helen Grant
- The Stone Demon by Karen Mahoney
- Dying to Know You by Aidan Chambers
- ACID by Emma Pass
- Turf by John Lucas
- Please make sure you sign up for the challenge before you start linking your reviews, I will delete links from people who aren't registered. You can sign up HERE if you haven't already.
- When you add your link to the Mr. Linky below please make sure you link directly to your review, not just to your blog (invalid links will be deleted)
- Books must have been read in 2013 to count towards the challenge so those books you read in December but reviewed in January don't count!
- Also, please make sure that the reviews you link are for books written by British Authors - they can be born in Britain (living here or abroad) or they can be adopted British Authors (who were born elsewhere and now live here) but if they don't fit into one of those categories then they don't count. (as above invalid links will be deleted and won't get you an entry into the prize pack). Please note that Britain includes England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, I'm afraid authors from Southern Ireland don't count.
- If you need ideas for books by British Authors check out the FAQ page for lots of suggestions. You don't have to choose books from these lists though - they are just to give you ideas if you need help!
Link Your Reviews:
Now for the important part, make sure you link all of your reviews using the Mr. Linky form below. In the Your Name field please include your blog name, the title of the book and the author. Make sure the link takes me directly to your review or your entry won't count and will be deleted from the list.
Oh dear! I've already had the issue of... well, not really this month :PReplyDelete
I forgot to link up Dangerous Reality what with Easter & everything. I reviewed it in March as part of the BBC. I can link it in either month just lemme know what I ought to do. I do want it to be counted with my overall amount FYI so hopefully my scatterbrain hasn't wrecked it for me!
Bookish love (and panic),
@Amy_Bookworm (entrant #13)
@ Amy - I think if you posted your review at the end of March then you can count it towards your April totals (as long as you don't count it towards both months it'll be fine!) otherwise if you prefer you can still add links to the March mr linky although of course the winner has already been chosen & that won't get you an entry into April's prize pack. I hope that makes sense but give me a shout if you have any more questions!ReplyDelete
5 reviews this month...I'm on a roll!! (though it might be a baguette...) :-)ReplyDelete
Sorry for spamming you, I'm catching up and I've a couple of April and several May reviews to plug in. I've been reviewing books but not linking them (because I'm an idiot...), but I want to get it all sorted now, so I'm putting them into the correct month linkys. I know the giveaways are gone, but I need everything in its right place :)ReplyDelete