Friday, 16 May 2014
Vote James Dawson for Queen of Teen 2014!!
Have you placed your votes for Queen of Teen 2014 yet? If not I'm going ask you to head over to the Queen of Teen website and vote for James Dawson now! Don't you think it's about time we had a BOYQUEEN win the title?? I certainly do & I can't think of a better one to wear the crown than James!
Just in case you need a little more encouragement here is James's Queenifesto of reasons to vote for him:
1. If you liked my books. Seriously. I do so hate it when things become a popularity contest.
2. “If I were a tree, I’d have good strong roots in a community like the UKYA world; a hollow trunk full of books; and long leafy branches to provide shade for bookish kids on a hot summer day”.
3. I would use my reign for GOOD. Having a BOYQUEEN would (inevitably) attract attention and I could use that to talk about ISSUES. I’m an activist at heart and will happily talk to anyone who will listen about school libraries, Gove, gendered kid’s books and spreading the good works of UKYA authors far and wide.
4. Having a BOYQUEEN would be weird and I’m all for visibility of weird people. I totes am one.
5. I could ride a pumpkin up and down the country and do lots of royal school visits. I’d probably get a corgi too.
Seriously peeps, James is an awesome guy and a fabulous author so I would LOVE to see him win this title but it's not going to happen without all of our support so GO AND VOTE NOW! Pretty please? You know you want to!