I stumbled across the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge hosted by April from Good Books Good Wine and it looks like so much fun that I have to take part. You can find out all about the challenge and how to join in HERE. Obviously the idea of the challenge is to take part 15 days in a row but I don't have enough time for that and since April is so relaxed over the rules I've decided dedicate one day a week to the challenge.
The Day 11 topic is: Show off 5 of your best blog posts!
This has been a really hard topic for me, it's so difficult to choose five blog posts that I'm most proud of! Obviously we all like to think our posts are interesting but I don't particularly consider myself good at writing reviews. I've been incredibly lucky to attend some amazing events since I started blogging though, (I've actually been incredibly slack at writing event reports recently - it's something I really need to start doing again) so I thought this would be a good way of spotlighting some of my favourites. So in no particular order here they are:
1. Going to the midnight signing of I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett, I've been a huge fan of Terry's for years now and I can't tell you how excited I was to meet him! You can read all about it HERE.
|Lara Adrian, me & Larissa Ione|
2. Meeting some of my favourite authors (including Lara Adrian, Larissa Ione, Meljean Brook, Kristen Painter, Jess Haines, Jennifer Estep, Nicole Peeler and many more) at the Authors After Dark Convention in Philadelphia. It really was an amazing few days and I would love to do something like that again! Read my write up HERE.
3. Afternoon tea with Maggie Stiefvater at what has to be one of the strangest restaurants in London (egg shaped toilet pods people - EGG SHAPED TOILET PODS!). The whole afternoon was completely surreal and absolutely unforgettable! My write up is HERE.
|Jean M. Auel|
4. I have been a fan of Jean M. Auel and her Earth's Children series since I was a teenager so getting the chance to meet her was a dream come true. Going to a special event to help design the main character Ayla for the virtual reality cover of The Land of Painted Caves was a lot of fun and a once in a lifetime event. Read about it HERE.
|Bloggers outside Alnwick Castle|
5. Last but by no means least was getting to spend the night at Alnwick Castle (the castle where they filmed Hogwarts in some of the Harry Potter films!!) to celebrate the release of Nightshade by Maryrose Wood and the Duchess of Northumberland. We got to tour the castle and abbey, visit the poison gardens, have afternoon tea with the Duchess and dinner in a treetop restaurant. An unforgettable, money can't buy trip that I shared with some fabulous friends. Read my write up HERE.
So those are some of my favourite blog posts! What are your favourites? If you have a review, event report or any other type of post you're particularly proud of leave me a link in the comments and I'll come and check it out!