In 2011 the British Books Challenge was created by Becky at The Bookette, in 2012 it was Kirsty at The Overflowing Library's turn to run the challenge & she also hosted in 2016, I hosted it myself in 2013 and 2014, Michelle at Fluttering Butterflies took a turn in 2015 and Chelley from Tales of Yesterday hosted from 2017 to 2018.
Since Chelley hasn't been updating the challenge for a while I'm not sure if it's going to continue into 2019 or not, if I spot a sign up page then I'll definitely take part officially and I'll update this post for anyone who wants to join me. In the meantime I'm just going to use this page to track the books I read since I enjoy seeing how many books I read in different categories.
2011 - I read 58 books by British authors
2012 - I read 41 books by British authors
2013 - I read 39 books by British authors
2014 - I read 55 books by British authors
2015 - I read 51 books by British authors
2016 - I read 40 books by British authors
2017 - I read 45 books by British authors
2018 - I read 35 books by British authors
I think I'm just going to keep my reduced goal of 20 books for the challenge this year, I love supporting British authors but a lot of the series I'm currently trying to catch up on are written by American authors.
I will keep a list of books read along with links to my reviews in this post.
- Silk & Steel - Ariana Nash
- Iron and Fire - Ariana Nash
- Her Dark Legion - Pippa DaCosta
- Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
- Deliverance - Pippa DaCosta
- Betrayal - Pippa DaCosta (I re-read this book but the link takes you to my original review)
- Escape - Pippa DaCosta (I re-read this book but the link takes you to my original review)
- Trapped - Pippa DaCosta (I re-read this book but the link takes you to my original review)
- Trust - Pippa DaCosta (I re-read this book but the link takes you to my original review)
- The Demon World - Sally Green
- The Near Witch - V.E. Schwab
- Avenged by an Angel - Felicity Heaton